It may feel like summer, but it’s still technically spring until June 21st. That means you still have about a month to get started on spring cleaning your apartment. To help you get started, here are a few tips on how to get your apartment sparkling clean.
Spring Cleaning Your Apartment in 9 Easy Steps
- Wipe down windows with a glass cleaning product and a microfiber cloth. Then, use a two-prong duster to thoroughly clean your window blinds.
- Refrigerator compartments can get nasty quickly. Take them out and soak them in hot soapy water for twenty minutes before wiping them down with a clean rag. Use our other helpful tips for organizing your refrigerator.
- Take the time to establish a designated spot for recycling. Two small bins – one for plastic and one for glass – are a welcome addition to any high-transit area.
- Go through your closet and make a pile of clothes that you barely wear or that have been ripped or frayed. Donate these items to a soup kitchen or homeless center. While you’re at it, consider organizing your clothes by season and storing out-of-season clothes in a different place to free up space.
- Mop hard floor surfaces and vacuum carpet. When you mop, add a few drops of essential oils to your mopping mixture for a fresh scent that will last long after your cleaning session.
- Replace your shower curtain liner if you notice stains and bath residue build up.
- Mix one teaspoon of dish detergent with one quart of water to clean stainless steel surfaces. Avoid harsh brushes which can damage the finish and opt for a microfiber cloth instead. Rinse with hot water.
- Wash your pillows, but only after checking to make sure that they can go in the washing machine. If they aren’t machine washable, opt for a fabric cleaner spray instead.
- Cooktops and ovens can be tackled with abrasive pads and cleaning products designed to cut through grease. Just be patient with tough stains.
If you’re interested in spring cleaning your apartment in an eco-friendly manner, be sure to check out our article on environmentally -friendly cleaning solutions. Happy cleaning!
Live at the top luxury apartment community in Waldorf, MD. At Center Pointe, we love providing our residents with helpful information to help them manage their busy lives. Enjoy easy access to shopping, entertainment, and great schools. Reach out to us today to schedule a tour and see why we are a Top Rated apartment community on ApartmentRatings!